Wednesday, April 30, 2014

May challenge

My goodness this year is slipping by fast,or am I just getting old?

Our April winner of wonderful flowers by Scrappers garden was Stephanie from France.
However, I offered her the prize with her to pay the postage, and she has declined.
The flowers are going to our runner up SHAZZA
Overseas entrants please note.
If you win this challenge you will be asked to pay postage to receive your prize.
                                                       ************************************
Now on to the May Challenge.




This photo was taken from an advertisement for Canon Cameras.
 I love the colour combination and the reflection in the water.

OUR EXTRA CRITERIA IS MISTING.
You do not have to use a mask, but can if you wish.
Our prize this month is from Mystical Scrapbooking.



Thank you to Donna, a former DT member for her sponsorship of Archiscraps.


Donna Cope's photo.


Speaking of DT people, we bid goodbye this month to Debi who has taken over Feeling Sketchy.
We are also sad to lose Susan Moy who has extra work commitments.

Now for the DT layouts to inspire you.

DEBI


Here is my page titled 'Tobemory' from the fabulous inspiration of the homes along the water.  This was a photo from my sister, & I love it!  I have misted & played & had a wonderful time scrapping today.
LIBBY
                                                        


I was inspired by all the bright colors from the photo as well as the white trim and the water.  The background pp were misted using different stencils and mists.  Sketch is Page Maps (June 2010).

                                                                        DALE



I took my inspiration from the houses. I have painted the Dusty Attic chipboard row of houses. I've used two colours of Mr Huey's mists with a 6x6 Prima template on the white cardstock background. My photo and matts add the extra blue/grey colours and there are also little pointy roofed buildings in the photo.

    TRISH



The tiny houses on the background paper remind me of the original photo for the challenge and my misting is where  i put some American crafts aphas on a craft tag and misted over the top in black and created the tag to say   “home” word for my new home card.

                                                                          JANE



“This row of houses reminded me so much of the rows of terraces along the canals of Amsterdam.  Five, six or more storey buildings with attic rooms and terraced rooftops painted in vibrant ochre colours.  Equally bright and colourful barges tied up along the canal edges add to the bohemian atmosphere of this vibrant community”.


                                                                       SUSAN

I used texture paste on the background then misted it with sprays. I also misted the butterflies and title. The reflection of the trees is sunset on a dam at Emerald.

And our new girl.............JAN
 

I took my inspiration from the colours
 
You have until the end of the month to submit your projects for this challenge.  
We'd love to have you come and join in with us.


 

7 comments:

  1. We certainly have thought "international" when creating for this challenge. Great inspiration options fellow DT members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ladies just a great inspiration this month. Gorgeous LO's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Stephanie on your win..fabulous page.

    And congrats to the DT's - what a marvellous array of LO's for this May challenge. Love each page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Stephanie! Woo hoo!

    And what lovely layouts from all the DT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad to hear about Debi and Susan leaving us! Good luck on your endeavors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, I have the PERFECT photos for this challenge! I'll get to play along this month :)

    ReplyDelete